As we welcome you to The Penn Stater, we continue to hold the health and safety of our guests, team members, and community as our top priority. Be assured that throughout your stay with us, we remain committed to your health and safety as you enjoy all that the State College area has to offer.
Following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Penn State leadership to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we have expanded and enhanced our already rigorous cleaning and sanitizing procedures. These enhanced health and safety protocols meet or exceed those established by the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay initiative.
Here are some measures we’ve taken as we prepare to welcome you:
• Increased the number of hand sanitation machines throughout our properties
• Implemented contactless check-in and check-out and payment processes
• Enhanced employee training on health and safety protocols for our team and guests
• Ensuring that physical distancing is maintained between guests and team members
Because this situation is ever-evolving, please check back often for updates to our safety enhancements and property amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Happy Valley and delivering the exceptional guest experience you have come to expect from The Penn Stater.
- Follow signage throughout the property to direct foot traffic.
- Contactless check-in is available through email and mobile text sent by the hotel on your day of arrival. Contactless check-out is available through email and mobile text sent by the hotel on the day of your departure. You may also call the front desk and let them know you are departing.
- Valet parking is currently available.
- We are providing limited hotel shuttle service prioritizing the Airport & Bus Station destinations. Please schedule with our Bell Service ext 76614 or in our Lobby.
- If available outside of the aforementioned shuttle runs, van service for 5 guests or less may be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please inquire with our Bell Service ext. 76614 or in our Lobby.
- Housekeeping is servicing rooms daily, if you would prefer to not have your room serviced, please place your Privacy sign in the door.
- Please contact Front Desk for Gift Shop hours – The Front Desk carries a few amenities.
- The fitness center and lap pool are open at this time.
- Coffee is available in the lobby.
Gardens a La Carte Breakfast daily from 7:00 am until 10:30 am, and Sunday Brunch is available from 10 am to 2 pm.
Legends Pub food service daily from 11:15 am to 10 pm.
Reservations for Gardens Restaurant are recommended and can be made by calling 814-863-5090.
Guests can use any entrance in order to dine.
Employees will wear gloves where appropriate.
All employees are trained to conduct proper handwashing hourly.
Team members will self-check prior to shifts, including temperature checks, to identify the presence of symptoms and reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure. In addition, team members have been instructed and are regularly reminded to not report to work if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a COVID-19 test pending result.
The Penn State Hotels are proud to meet or exceed the standards established by the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay initiative, focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you offering valet parking?
Will you assist with my luggage?
Bell Staff will request the guest to open the car trunk and verify what pieces of luggage will be taken to the room.
The luggage will be taken to the room by a Bell Attendant who will use a different elevator than guests. Upon arrival at the room, the Bell Attendant will knock, announce arrival, and place a bell cart in front of the room for the guest to remove the luggage (the Bell Attendant will not enter the room). Bell carts will be disinfected after each use.
Are you offering contactless check-in/check-out?
How are you keeping the property clean and safe?
We regularly remind guests and team members of health and hygiene.
We use digital and posted signs, floor markings, and other announcements to remind guests of physical distancing.
Penn State Hotels are proud to adhere to the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay initiative, focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.
Team members are required to complete a COVID-19 screening to identify the presence of symptoms and reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure. In addition, team members have been instructed and are regularly reminded to not report to work if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a COVID-19 test pending result.
Is your gift shop open?
Are the shuttles available?
If a guest might have had Covid-19, can they still visit?
Have adjustments been made to housekeeping protocols, and if so, what are they?
Will I be able to use the pool and fitness center?
Do you take reservations?
Can I dine inside the restaurants?
Can I use the restroom?
Are you working with industry organizations and healthcare facilities?
We have enhanced health and safety measures for our guests and team members. Guests must follow all posted instructions while visiting our hotels.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting our hotels, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Read more information about the steps Penn State is taking in response to this outbreak.
For questions about current reservations, please call 800-233-7505 or email [email protected]psu. edu.
For the latest information about the presence of coronavirus in Pennsylvania, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.