EVENT COORDINATING CONTACT VS. ON-SITE CONTACT
If you are planning the conference but will not actually be on site, please let your planner know who the on-site contact from your organization will be.
CONFIRM CONFERENCE BILLING
- Direct bill
- Purchase order
- Pay upon departure
- Credit card
- Split billing
- Bill to third party
- Which individuals are able to sign conference charges to the master account?
CONFIRM GUESTROOM BILLING
- Guestroom and tax, incidentals billed to the individuals
- Guestroom and tax billed to the group, incidentals billed to the individuals
- Guestroom and tax, incidentals billed to the group
ROOMING LIST/CUTOFF DATE
- Rooming lists are due to your sales manager one month prior to the first day of your conference.
- The cutoff date standard is one month prior to the first day of your conference. This date is listed on your contract as a reminder.
- On the cutoff date, any rooms not picked up by your group or your rooming list will be released for public sale.
Provide your planner with your agenda drafts throughout the planning process. When your program has been printed, send one to your planner.
PROVIDE FUNCTION ROOM ITINERARY FOR EACH ROOM
- Room start and end time
PROVIDE GENERAL FUNCTION ROOM SETUPS FOR EACH FUNCTION ROOM
- Double U-shape
- Hollow square
- Clusters of ______
- Rounds of ______
PROVIDE ADDITIONAL SETUP INFORMATION FOR EACH FUNCTION ROOM
- Registration table in/outside of room. How many tables? How many chairs?
- Supply/material tables. How many needed and location in room?
- Table with electric for your own audiovisual equipment.
- Head table for how many people? If in a large room, do you want the head table raised? Will you need microphones for this table?
- DJ table requirements
- Coat rack
- Extra chairs in rear of room
- Stage or riser
- Skirted tables for tabletop exhibits (additional charge)
- Dance floor
- Flag(s) - American or Pennsylvania
PROVIDE SPECIFIC AUDIOVISUAL NEEDS FOR EACH FUNCTION ROOM
- Flipchart and markers
- Bulletin board+
- Powerpoint presenter/laser pointer
- CD player or music & style
- Podium & microphone
- Tabletop microphone(s)- (for panel/head table)
- Wireless lavalier/lapel microphone(s)
- Wireless handheld microphone(s)
- Conference speakerphone
- Audio mixer
- Audio/video recording
- Digital Pro HD video camera
- TV monitor
- Audio patch for computer/iPod to house sound
- Polycom video conferencing
- Unrestricted phone line
- Ethernet/Internet line
- Powerstrip/electric connection
- Dell laptop computer
- LCD projector
- Dedicated audiovisual technician needed?
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MENUS GUIDELINES
- Menus are charged per person. Food and beverage is replenished throughout the buffet, break, or reception period.
- An 18% service charge and 6% tax is applied to your total charges for your functions, unless you are tax exempt–then the 6% tax does not apply. The service charge is not taxed.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted. All food and beverage is to be purchase through the hotels.
- Standard time of service for food menus is 1½ hours (time extension will incur additional charges).
- Guarantee/final counts for all food and beverage functions are due four working days prior to the event.
- Provide your planner with any special dietary requirements for your group or your specific attendees.
FOOD & BEVERAGE ROOM SETUPS
- Round tables are the standard setup. This provides the optimum service and setup in the room.
- White linen, white napkins, and fresh flower bud vase centerpieces are standard.
- Minimum for a breakfast or lunch buffet is 30 people.
- Minimum for a dinner buffet is 40 people.
- One double-sided buffet line per every 100 people.
- Buffet menus will be displayed for a maximum time of 1½ hours (time extension will incur additional charges).
SERVED MEAL TIPS
If you wish to select more than one entree, you must provide the number of each entree when the final count is due (four working days prior to the event). You must provide entree indicators to designate each individual’s selection (placecards, tickets, or colored nametags).
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE SERVICE - BAR TYPES
- Consumption/hosted – beverages are charged to the group master account by the number consumed.
- Cash -The individual attendees pay cash for beverages.
If your group is fewer than 40 people, you will be charged a bar setup fee of $75. If your group is more than 40 people, you will not be charged a fee.
BUDGETARY COMPROMISES FOR BEVERAGE SERVICE
- You can have a consumption bar for a certain period of time, then change to a cash bar.
- You can provide your attendees with a certain number of drink tickets and those drinks will be charged to the master. All other drinks (without tickets) will be on a cash basis to the individual.
DAY MEETING PACKAGE COFFEE BREAKS AND LUNCH
- If you are on a day meeting package (DMP), your coffee breaks will be located in the common break areas. Hot and cold beverages are available from 7 a. m. to 5 p. m. The morning break food is available from 9 a. m. to 11 a. m., and the afternoon break food is available from 2 p. m. to 4 p. m.
- Gardens Lunch Buffet (full hot buffet served in The Gardens Restaurant)
- All guarantees for all food and beverage functions are due four working days prior to the event.
- If your guarantee count increases within the four-day window, we will do our best to accommodate your increase.
- If your guarantee count decreases within the four-day window, you will still be charged for your original guarantee count.
AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION AND TRANSPORTATION BETWEEN HOTELS
- The Penn State Hospitality Services Guest Services shuttle provides transportation to guests staying overnight on a first-come, first-served basis. To make shuttle arrangements, contact your planner or guest services.
- PSHS can only provide transportation for up to six people at one time. If you need transportation for a larger group, your event planner can reserve van or bus service through Penn State Fleet Operations. This service will be charged to the group master account.
- If your attendees are calling in to make guest room reservations on their own, they can schedule an airport pickup with the reservationist.
- PSHS does not have adequate storage space for large shipments. If you are shipping boxes to the hotel, please clearly address boxes with the following information: conference name, hotel event planner’s name, conference start date, and the name of the individual from your group who will be picking up the boxes. Please be sure to obtain tracking numbers.
- If you are setting up a trade show with pipe and drape booths for vendor exhibitors, please have the vendor ship items directly to the exhibit company providing the pipe and drape. They will provide drayage to/from the property.
Inform your event planner of any special accommodations for any of your participants.
EVALUATION OF SERVICES
You will receive a pre-event survey and post-event survey. We encourage you to fill out the survey–we value your opinion!